Monday, February 25, 2013

Guilty Pleasures....

So my last blog was about those simple things that I like that make me happy. Now, I want to tell you about my guilty pleasures. You know, the things we all like that we probably shouldn't because they're either bad for us, stupid or completely embarrassing when other people find out about them. Since I have no shame, I'm going to tell you all about mine!

1. The Learning Channel - Now, it has to be noted that The Learning Channel has long since stopped being anything close to educational and they've become the channel that gives TV shows to just about anyone that's just a little off kilter, if you know what I mean. It all started with the Gosselin's - that horrible family with the 8 kids. Then since 8 was not enough, they added the Duggars, who's reproductive activity is somewhat disturbing at this point. Then all hell broke lose or something because there are no rhyme or reason to the shows TLC was putting out there. If you were a midget baker/doctor/chocolate maker, you got a show. If you were a gypsy tough girl in a pink tulle gown that weighed 90 pounds and you were marrying your first cousin, you got a show. If you forced your not so talented or good looking toddler into pageants so you could make them up to look like Pamela Anderson, you got a show. And I was there, through it, watching each and every one of you! I know I should be embarrassed to tell anyone this but I know way more about all of these people I just mentioned that anyone should know. I'm just that guilty!

2. My office mates pretzels -  Now, pretzels are not really a guilty pleasure but they are when your office mate brings in an enormous bag of them and puts them in the fine cabinet in our office. And they are if every time she leaves the office you each in a get a handful to munch on. And they are if, because you don't want her to know you've been doing this, you carefully calculate about how many you can take without her catching on. Yeah, I'm guilty of doing that.

3. Really stupid comedies - There are some movies out there that are so incredibly stupid but for some reason I will always stop to watch them if they're on TV. Case in point, Dodgeball: The Movie. This is one of the dumbest comedies out there. It's about a gym that forms a Dodgeball team to compete in the professional Dodgeball league in order to win money to save the gym. It stars Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller. And it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, mostly because of the dumb jokes. I watch it every time and I laugh out loud. My favorite part? Jason Bateman doing the "color" commentary during the finals. Yep, I'm guilty!

4. Facebook Games - I'm throwing this into the ring because I know that some people on Facebook hate and despise the games and the game requests that come with it. I've seen the tirades. Eh...I say, get over it. Delete the requests and get on with your life already. I, however, play many games on Facebook and I like it. It all started with Farmville (the free dose of crack the dealer gives you to get you hooked...). I was a great virtual farmer but the constant having to feed those animals or harvest those crops on a deadline was too much. I've left my farms abandoned and probably over run with squatters. I played Mafia Wars for a while but that was just silly. Couldn't really get into it. Then came the word games. I still play them with a select few.  What I really like are the bubble popping games and, right now, I'm completely addicted to Candy Crush Saga. I'm stuck at Level 153 and it's starting to piss me off! Yeah, I'm guilty! I like playing the games, so sue me!

5. Eating weird stuff and calling it dinner - Before I was married I used to do this alot more. I would make a bowl of instant mashed potatoes and that would be dinner. Or I would eat a couple of pieces of KFC and call it dinner - no sides, no nothing - just chicken. Once in a while, I will still do the chicken thing but only after making some dinner deal with Alex so he has something to eat too. I don't know...sometimes I just don't feel like cooking and a bowl of mashed potatoes sounds perfectly fine to me! So I'm guilty!

Hmmm, that's about all I can think of right now. I'm sure there are many more. If I think of any I'll let ya know!

No comments: