Monday, August 17, 2009

Er...um...

Today has all the makings of a very strange day. I'm at work and feeling a little weird about the fact that the company my agency is contracted by is here interviewing some of my staff for possible future employment. It's a little like getting robbed while not only allowing the thief in but watching him take your stuff! It's hard to know what to feel about that.

I am feeling good about somethings though. Well, actually a lot of things, in spite of the strange presence on site here today. My boss has stood by me throughout all of this change here and has assured me that the agency has need of me and has no intention of letting me go to some other agency. You know that makes me feel good. Knowing that I'm appreciated and how much has been great. I still have no definitive answer as to what I will actually be doing but that will come in time.

Another thing that makes me feel fabulous is knowing that sometime before the end of this year I will be Mrs. Alexander Lindqvist! I ordered a dress for our wedding this weekend and we are making the plans. Well, as much of the plans as we can make without a defnite date. Haha! It occurs to me that the two biggest things going on in my life right now both are hanging in the balance for want of a definite date. We'll get one soon though. We are mere baby steps away from the final approval for the immigration paperwork. Whew...that was a long journey but we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now so it's all good. All good indeed!

No comments: