So it's no secret that Alexander and I have a lifetime goal of eventually moving to Sweden to live and work. It's funny how this whole thing started out and the road we ended up taking to be together. It would seem the easiest way to get to Sweden would be for me to move there with him but, alas, finances, work, and personal business made us take a slightly different route. He is coming here to the US and then next year we will move there. The larger goal of being together was far more important that the ultimate goal of living in Sweden so we do what we must.
I don't mean to make that sound so formal! Actually, the two of us are quite excited and thrilled for what the next month or two will hold for us!
Still, Sweden is the goal. I've been spending time pouring over expat websites to see how this is all done. For me, getting a job in Sweden may be very difficult. Even though I will register there with the employment bureau everything I've read says the only way to actually get work is to know someone who is already working there. Contacts are key! I've made quite a few Swedish contacts over the past four years but I don't know if any of them would have a job for me when I move there! We'll see. I'm excited at the idea of looking for work there.
I'm also excited about setting up a home there. I even dream about this once in a while. Moving into a new place, getting it together and then making it our own! I hate moving as a rule but I think it will be a grand adventure. And the most important part is Alex and I will be taking this trip together. And that's very exciting indeed!
1 comment:
A wonderful "adventure" such as this will be enhanced so much by doing it with someone else, especially when that someone is a loved one.
Full Fart Mary.
Post a Comment