So yesterday was Mothers Day here in the US. I spent the day at my sister's house playing Polish Poker with my Mom. We played two rounds. She won both. Now I'm $2.50 poorer. I think she cheats.
Today was Monday. I hit the ground running. It's one of those usual days. You know the ones. The work days that seem to run right into the next because now there is so much time between holidays and time off? Yeah, those. Today was one of those. And tomorrow will be the same. Alex and I are planning a trip. Well, we're talking about it anyway. We want to go back to Sweden this year and see his Dad but we don't know exactly when that will happen. A lot will hedge on how much we can save and what we will have to spend. The thing about going to Sweden is that when it's nice and warm and sunny there air fare costs an arm, a leg and your first born child. When it's dark and cold, you can get a real bargain. But it's really not all that much fun going in the dark months when the days are super short and you can't really see much anyway. There is hope. We're selling the house my mother used to live in and it's in her children's names. Being her child, I will get something from that sale if it ever happens. We've had some lookers but no takers yet. Not really the time to be selling a house I guess.
I've been thinking of taking up photography. No really. I got a great new camera and it takes excellent photos so I was thinking to really try to do something interesting with it. We'll see. I might go out this weekend and just take pictures to see what I get. It's a start.
I've also been thinking about making some more music. Now that I have this mac I have also have a music program to tinker around with. Maybe I'll get inspired and write another song or two. I haven't done that in a while but I was just singing here to myself and realize how much I miss having that creative track in my life. I've never done my own music before. I've written songs and sung to other people's music but never actually made my own music so this could be good. Or could be really bad too. Either way, it will be an adventure.
Oh, I had a physical last week. Everything was good except I am Vitamin D deficient which, I'm told, happens to quite a lot of women in Wisconsin. Mostly because of our lack of sun in the winter. Good to know now since my ultimate goal is to live in Sweden and they really lack sun there in the winter months. Oh, and I have to have a colonoscopy! Funny thing about that...every single person I have told has said the exact same thing - "The procedure is fine, it's the prep that's a bitch!" No kidding...every single person. I can't wait...I'm thinking of having it videotaped and uploading it on youtube.
KIDDING! Sheesh! Did you really think I would do that? Frankly, the whole idea of the thing grosses me out! And by the way, for all you men out there who complain about going to your doctor...don't even start. Seriously! By the time I'm done with all the tests I will have been prodded, propped open, probed and squished ten ways from Sunday! All you have to do is turn your damn head and cough! Not fair, I tell ya. Not fair at all!
2 comments:
You're gonna do more music?! Cool! I still have both versions of "Life In The Barrens" on my iTunes and iPod!
And everyone that you talk to is right - the prep does suck!
Wow, you still have that song? I don't remember where I put the disc that was on. *thinking* I'ma gonna have to look around for it!
Post a Comment