Thursday, March 31, 2016

That feeling you get when you really, really, really want something....

I remember when I was a little girl going into a store called Wilson's at Christmas with my Dad. They had this huge display of toys and it was AMAZING!! Every possible toy a kid could want. Every toy that was being advertised on TV. It was all there. But the one toy that caught my eye was the most beautiful walking doll. She had long straight brunette hair and wore a blue dress with flowers on it. She was about three feet tall and if you held her hand she would actually walk next to you. I wanted that doll more than I had ever wanted anything in my life. I dragged my Dad over to her to show him and made sure he knew how much it would mean to me to get that doll. But we weren't there to buy toys that day so, sadly, I went home without her. Still, I thought of her every day and wished secretly that Santa would somehow know how much I wanted her. Imagine my surprise when Christmas morning came and there she was under our tree!

Now, I am having much the same feelings about something else. A dog. I want a dog so badly it's become almost an obsession. I spend at least an hour each night looking at adoptable dogs on line and wishing and hoping that one day soon I will be able to have one. The thing is, right now, I live in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs. I'm not real picky about the kind of dog I get either. I know I will adopt one from a rescue or a shelter, never buy one from a breeder or pet store. I like them big or small, hairy or smooth. Doesn't really matter to me! Dogs have such great personalities that I'm sure whatever it looks like, it will be great!

I just really, really want a dog. I want it soon! I wish someone would surprise me with a dog!

No comments: