Friday, January 20, 2017

Dayum...it's been awhile...and there's NEWS!

I just read my last post here - the one about talking about buying a house. Welp, we did it. We bought a house and closed on December 30th and moved in January 2nd. We started 2017 with a whole new place and it's been great!

Honestly, I never thought that I would own a house in my lifetime. That seemed like a dream for other people. It was just too big and scary to think about, me being a home owner. But with Alex at my side and our realtor, Carrie, helping us through it we just kept our heads about us and made the best choice. It all went so smoothly too. I had heard horror stories about house hunting from co-workers and friends. But we were diligent in what we wanted and knew what we could do without so when we started looking we weren't easily swayed by glitz and glamour. We wanted comfort and a home and that's exactly what we got. A beautiful three bedroom home, hard wood floors, huge windows and a fireplace. Located right in the area we love. It takes me about a minute to get to work and Alex can walk to work as he likes to do.

After moving in, the period of adjustment was almost nothing. It immediately felt like home. Like we were meant to be there.

I know there are times in my life that I look on and remember as being the happiest times and this is one of them - the day we walked up to that door, keys in hand, unlocked that door and walked into our house. OUR house - forever.

What's not to love about that?

No comments: