Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The weird way things work...

I just got off the phone with my cable company. This would be the umpteenth time I've called them this year and it's always about my bill. It's too high. I've been with the same company since the day I signed up for cable way back when. In this area, it is, unfortunately, the best option for TV and internet though other options are starting to pop up now. Still, it is the fastest internet I can get and I'm not willing to choose another provider because my internet frustration runs too high.

So, last year, I called when my rate went sky high. It irks me that as a long time customer I am paying thrice what a new customer is offered to sign up. And NO I don't want to bundle in a home phone, thank you! It seemed no one could help me so I looked elsewhere and decided to make the change to DISH. That's when all manner of kind customer service broke loose and they bent over backwards to keep me happy. Suddenly, my call was pushed through to the "super secret" service rep who could suddenly get me the "extra special" pricing I was asking for all along. So I stayed. For one more year.

This time, the year being up, my rate ever slowly rising again with the hidden fees and taxes, I called again. Again, I was given the run around. Did I want to bundle? Home phone? NO NO NO! The best they could do was a few measly bucks less. I took it and schemed a new plan. I decided I was going to ditch cable TV altogether and go with HULU and just keep the internet. So, I called again. It's amazing how the mere mention of "a plan" starts things in motion. Suddenly, I was offered a much, much lower rate and told, SURPRISE! that I was actually erroneously being charged for something I didn't even have! At the end of the day, my cable rate decrease by half and I got a big account credit for a mistake they made AND my service did not change at all.

It's just weird how things work...

No comments: