Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Five Things I Am Thankful For...

  • 1. My husband. I sometimes sit back and wonder in awe that I have met this incredibly smart, talented, funny, compassionate man and he loves me back and that is so awesome! Alex is amazing and I can't tell him or the world enough.

  • 2. My family. My parents did good. They raised good people. And those people raised good people, my siblings. And those good people are starting to raise good people of their own. So much love all around. What an amazing bunch!

  • 3. My humor. I work with a lot of heart ache and depression - in situations that try the human spirit. Without a sense of humor it would be all too much. Way too much.

  • 4.My health. It could and should be better, I know, but it's a work in progress. I have aches and pains but I am breathing. The struggle is real - but hey, at least I am here to struggle!

  • 5.My strength. Even on those days when I would rather not, I get up, I go on. I have to. People rely on me. I can take it. I am Mrs. Kelleher's daughter. My mother taught school for 28 years and in that time only took time off when she had children - literally to give birth. She never called in sick, never took a personal day. She knew those kids relied on her. I am Mrs. Kelleher's daughter. I wish I could say I haven't had a sick day but that's not true. I can say though that I try to get my ass to work on every single day I am able. Knee surgery? Back in the office in 4 weeks rather than 8. Hysterectomy? Back in the office in 2 weeks rather than 6. I'm her daughter! And I must heal pretty fast too! Ha!

No comments: